Village Centers – Weymouth Landing
(from the Town’s Master Plan)
The village center of Weymouth Landing is bisected by a major regional arterial, Route 53 and Route 18, also known as Washington Street.
Weymouth Landing Post Office – The post office was built in 1941 in the Colonial Revival style with local seam-face granite. It was the first Federal building in Weymouth. The Weymouth Landing Post Office contains a mural by Guy Pene du Bois, which depicts the landing of Pilgrims on Weymouth’s shore in 1622. This is one of the most prominent buildings along the street after the Sacred Heart and South Shore Christian Academy buildings.
Front Street – Seven of the homes along Front Street were identified in the Comprehensive Community-wide Survey Project prepared to catalog Weymouth’s historic features. The Whittemore House, as the oldest in this group, is dated sometime prior to 1830.
Useful facts: Major Public Properties and Institutions
Sacred Heart Church and School
U.S. Post Office
Fire Station (closed)
South Shore Christian Academy