Office of the Town Clerk
75 Middle Street
Weymouth MA 02189
Phone (781) 340-5017
Fax (781) 682-6129
Town Clerk: Kathleen A. Deree
Monday thru Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Mission of the Office of the Town Clerk is to serve as the official record keeper and archivist of the town records and statistics and to coordinate and oversee elections and voter registration in compliance with Massachusetts and local law in order to assure sound documentation and access of residents to local government.
To accurately establish, maintain, and certify all vital statistics of the Town and to collect and administer licenses, registrations and fines required by Massachusetts General Laws and Town Ordinances.
Certified copies of Vital Records
- Birth Certificates
- Marriage Certificates
- Death Certificates
Issues state licenses and permits, including:
- Marriage Licenses (Intentions)
- Business Certificates (Renewal every 4 years)
- Dog Licenses (yearly renewal) rabies certificate required
- DOG LICENSE APPLICATION - PDF
- Raffle & Bazaar (non profit organizations)
- Yard Sales
- Yard Sales Application
- Gasoline Storage
FINES: Non Criminal
Town Clerks Office Fee Schedule (Effective July 1, 2005)
|Dog Owner Listings||$25.00|
|Dog License||Late fee charged after February 28th
|Yard Sales||Yard Sales Application||$2.00|
|Voter Registration Card||$3.00|
Town of Weymouth
LOCAL BOARD AND COMMITTEES:
- Administer the oath of office to all elected and appointed members of local boards and committees.
- Post meetings notices of all government bodies.
OFFICIAL DECISIONS AND DUTIES:
- Records and certifies all official actions of the Town, including:
Town Council Meetings, appropriations, Planning Board and Zoning Board decisions.
- Certifies all notes for borrowing.
- The Official Keeper of the Records for the Town of Weymouth, the Town Clerk is the keeper of the Town Seal.
- Records state tax lien filings.