The Weymouth Farmer’s Market will begin their fifth season on Saturday, June 22, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m at Town Hall. The market includes many different local businesses selling fresh fruits vegetables desserts, breads, jams, jewelry and other crafts. The market also will include kids activities, cooking demonstrations, yoga, music and “Village Days”. It will run each Saturday from June 22nd through October 5th. Follow us on Facebook.
Applications for the 2013 Market Season are now available! Thank you for your interest in the Weymouth Farmer’s Market. Applications can be mailed to: Weymouth Town Hall, 75 Middle St, Weymouth MA 02189, attn: Bob Luongo.
Weymouth Farmers Market Vendors – 2012
David Freitas and Sons Farm (Middleboro, MA)
Featuring fresh apples, carrots, lettuce, peas, pumpkins, summer squash, tomatoes, basil, cilantro, rosemary & thyme!
Lanni Orchards (Lunenburg, MA)
Featuring produce from it’s 100 acres of apples (including organic apples) and 80 acres of vegetable land! Their farmstand has a great selection of their own kale, swiss chard geen, tomatoes, peaches, sugar plums, corn, radishes, grape tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, eggplants, red and green leaf lettuce, as well as certified organic products including summer squash, zucchini, tomatoes, green beans and of course, apples!
Big Sky Bakery (Newton, MA)
Featuring their award-winning artisan, ark rye Lithuanian, Russian, Ukrainian and other Eastern European breads, as well as wholesome whole wheat and wheat bran breads! Fresh baked specialty breads, baked goods and more!
Vermarje International (Randolph, MA): Homemade breads, scones, cookies, gift baskets and teas. Learn how to brew your own tea or ice tea!
Grand Mother’s Gifts from the Sea: Featuring hand made gifts made from sea shells from Weymouth and Florida Beaches! This includes shell wreaths, trees, cards, necklaces, picture frames, vases and many more items.
Olympic Pizza: A family business right in Columbian Square with a variety of Greek items such as bottled olive oil, feta cheese, kalamata olives, oregano, bay leaves, Greek dressings, tzaziki dip, hummus, baklava and much more. Also, enjoy something hot right off the grill.
Seaglass Jewelry by Marisa: Enjoy beautiful handmade seaglass jewelry from our very own Weymouth Native Marisa, a very talented Weymouth High School student.
Country Cupboard (Weymouth, MA)
Featuring a variety of specialty items from the cupboard, which has been selling unique and quality products in their “brick and mortar” store in Jackson Square since
Lipinski Farm (Hanson, MA)
Featuring fresh melons, strawberries, watermelons, corn, cucumbers, green beans, peppers, pumpkins, spinach, tomatoes, herbs, eggs and bedding plants!
Cupcake Mojo – A mother and daughter baking team from Weymouth, MA obsessed with creating cupcakes. New flavors come about everyday in addition to recipes passed down from generation to generation.
Simpson Spring – Simpson Spring is a family owned and operated company that provides pure bottled spring water and all-natural hand-mixed soda in a variety of classic flavors.
Stir It Up Cuisine – Stir It Up Cuisine is owned and operated by Patricia Kiernan, a native Jamaican who has cultivated the art of Caribbean cuisine through family recipes that have been passed down through the generations.
Nantasket Beaded Baubles – Hand crafted jewelry from a local Hull resident. The jewlery is created from beads, wired wrapped sea glass, and stamped metal.
The 2013 Farmer’s Market will feature four village days throughout the season to promote each of our four village centers. Four Saturdays through out the summer will be designated for a particular village (Colombian Square, Weymouth Landing, Jackson Square and Bicknell Square). During that day space will be set aside for village merchants to display select items for sale or to promote items in their stores.
- Integrative Nutrition Recipes
- Sargent Healthy Choice Favorite Recipes
- Mayo Clinic’s Healthy Recipe List
- Food Fit’s Healthy Recipe List
- Healthy Cooking Recipes
- The Food Network’s Healthy Eating Ideas & Recipes
- Cooking Light’s Recipe Finder
- Cooking Light’s Quick & Healthy Cookbook
- Food and Health Recipes
Cooking Demonstration Videos
- Sage & Apple Seared Chicken Breast
- Mass in Motion: Audio & Video Clips for Preparing Healthy Meals
- Cooking Class: How to Sauté
- Cooking Class: How to Grill
- Cooking Class: How to Steam
- Cooking Class: How to Boil & Simmer
- Cooking Class: “How To” Videos
Nutrition Counseling & Resources
- Nutrition Services at the Weymouth Club
- Nutrition Education at South Shore Hospital
- Health Thy Self (health coach and exercise coach)
- Julie Hart Fitness (Personal Trainer & Nutritional Consultant)
Weight Loss Programs
- Jenny Craig (centers in Braintree, Hanover & Brockton)
- Curves for Women
- Weight Watchers (find meetings in Weymouth!)
- Devi Spa & Wellness Center’s Weight Loss Program
Integrative Nutrition Resources
- Glorious Greens – PDF
- Energetics of Food – PDF
- Organic Foods – PDF
- Sweet Sensation – PDF
- Great Grains – PDF
Going out to eat? Find out how to navigate to the healthy choices on the menu! Learn about the best and worst menu choices you can make when eating out!
- Snacking Strategies
- 8 Healthy Office Snacks
- Best Energy Bars
- Fitness-Friendly Snacks
- Snacking Portion Control
- Best New Food Products at the Supermarket
- Budget Produce Tips
- Healthy Convenience Store Foods
- Smart Supermarket Shopping (article)
- Smart Food Shopping: Reading the Nutrition label
Sargent Healthy Choice at Boston University: Nutrition Information
- Calories: Our Love-Hate Relationship
- Processed Foods
- The 6 Major Food Groups
- Making the Most of Elective Calories
- Planning Meals & Snacks
- Is it Hunger? … Or is it Something Else?
- Thoughtful Eating
- The Basic Nutrients in Food
- Water: A key Food Ingredient
- Vitamins & Minerals
- Ask the Nutritionist
- Healthy Weight (CDC)
- Losing Weight (CDC)
- Audio & Video Clips for Preparing Healthy Meals
Grocery Stores & Health Food Stores in YOUR area
- Stop & Shop(Weymouth, MA)
- Johnnie FoodMaster (South Weymouth, MA)
- Shaws (Weymouth, MA)
- Good Health Natural Foods (Hanover & Quincy, MA)
- Whole Foods Market (Hingham, MA)
- The Fresh Market (Hingham, MA)
- GNC (Weymouth, MA)
Resources for Town Employees
Weight Watchers at Work
12 week or 17 week sessions with a minimum of 15 – 20 people
Town Hall – 4:30 – 5:15pm – Thursdays – Now through August 22
Contact Valerie Sullivan: (781-340-5008) or firstname.lastname@example.org
12 week sessions run quarterly throughout the year
Contact Valerie Sullivan: (781-340-5008) or email@example.com
Eating Well Magazine and Web-Site
Vegetarian Resource Group
US Department of Health & Human Services: Dietary Guidelines for Americans
FoodApedia – Quick access to food nutrition info!
MyPyramid.gov – Steps to a healthier you!
The Nutrition Source (Harvard School of Public Health)