1000 Books Before Kindergarten Challenge
Are you up for a challenge? Boy, do we have one for you! The Weymouth Public Libraries would like to see every child entering Kindergarten do so with 1000 books under their belt. Children who are read to on a regular basis increase their vocabularies and comprehension of the world. They are in a better position to make connections with new information presented to them. In short, they are ready to learn. Reading with your child is the easiest way to activate your child's brain. Not only that, but it's a great way to share some special one-on-one time with your favorite little person. Are you ready to join the challenge? Let us know by signing up.
Each child participating must register.
Once you have signed up, there are several ways to record your titles. You are welcome to keep track of them in the way that works best for your family. Here are some options:
1. Download the 1000B4K app to your smartphone and keep track of your titles. This is the easiest way to keep track of the books. No reading logs to lose!
2. Keep your own notebook. This is a great low-tech way to keep all of your titles in one place.
3. Pick up a copy of the logs in the Children's Room.
4. Create your own spreadsheet on your desktop computer.
5. Download and print the reading logs (50 titles per page).
|Log 1-50||Log 251-300||Log 501-550||Log 751-800|
|Log 51-100||Log 301-350||Log 551-600||Log 801-850|
|Log 101-150||Log 351-400||Log 601-650||Log 851-900|
|Log 151-200||Log 401-450||Log 651-700||Log 901-950|
|Log 201-250||Log 451-500||Log 701-750||Log 951-1000|
- Library Home
- Mobile Site
- Digital Collections
- Locations & Hours
- Reader Services