A Building Permit is Required For:
- Tool Sheds
- Pools (Above-Ground & In-Ground)
- Window/Door/Trim Replacement
- Fences (Above seven feet)
- Wood Stoves
- Sheet Metal
- New Construction
Building Permit Fees are Based on the Value of Construction:
- Single-Family Permits are $10 per thousand, with a $30 minimum fee.
- All other Building Permits are $15 per thousand, with a $45 minimum fee.
Please call the Department for further assistance. For Inspection requests, please contact the Inspector directly weekdays between the hours of 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM. Inspectors leave promptly at 9:00 AM for their daily inspections.
IMPORTANT NOTICE RE: PROJECTS NEAR WETLANDS
PROJECTS NOT REQUIRING A BUILDING PERMIT BUT REQUIRE CONSERVATION REVIEW ARE:
RETAINING WALLS (BELOW 4 FT); CUTTING OF TREES; DRIVEWAYS; FENCES (BELOW 7 FT); PATIOS
IF THERE ARE WETLANDS NEAR YOUR PROJECT, OR YOU ARE UNSURE IF THERE ARE WETLANDS NEAR YOUR PROJECT, PLEASE CONTACT: Weymouth Conservation Office, WeymouthTown Hall, 3rd Floor, 781-340-5007 www.weymouth.ma.us/conservation-commission