I’m hoping this letter finds you well during a year of unprecedented times. It has been quite a challenging year for all of us. With progress being made, and the spring season here, I am pleased to be able to invite you to join me and the Community Events Committee to participate in Weymouth’s Community Clean-Up Day being held on Saturday, April 24th, 2021, from 9:00 am to Noon!
Civic associations, businesses, church groups, youth sports groups, parent councils, schools and town employees are all invited and encouraged to organize clean ups in our neighborhoods, parks, beaches, libraries, school grounds, and squares. All efforts will positively contribute to the overall appearance of our Town.
Assistance will once again be provided through the Department of Public Works. Please adhere to the following:
• All participants must abide by COVID safety protocol, including, but not limited to, maintaining a 6-foot social distance, wearing face coverings, washing hands, or using 60% alcohol based hand sanitizer. We also ask all groups not to congregate after the event;
• You may register by contacting my office at 781-682-3618 by Thursday, April 22, 2021;
• Please fill out the attached release, (one per person), and return it to the Town of Weymouth, Office of the Mayor, 75 Middle Street, Weymouth, MA 02189; fax to (781)335-8184; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before Friday, April 23rd, 2021. If you need more copies, please call and we will provide you with more;
• Gloves and trash/yard waste bags will be provided and are available for pick up between
8:00-9:00 am on Saturday, April 24, 2021, at the Department of Public Works, 120 Winter Street;
• The Department of Public Works will arrange for trash/yard waste to be picked up for all registered projects, beginning at Noon on April 24th, 2021.
• Please sort your rubbish as follows:
• Yard waste must be “baggable” in order to be picked up
• Litter should be placed in separate trash bags
• Metal objects should be piled separately
Grab-n-Go Lunch will be provided for all volunteers from Noon until 1:30pm. Due to COVID Guidelines, we will be distributing individual lunches, via drive-through, at the horseshoe driveway in front of Abigail Adams Middle School, 89 Middle Street.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated participation with this year’s clean up. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact my office.
Robert L. Hedlund
75 Middle Street
Weymouth, MA 02189
Town of Weymouth
Flyer - PDF
Release of Liability - Required - PDF