Mayor Robert Hedlund announced today that the Town is seeking volunteers for open seats on multiple Town boards and committees.
“The character and future of our community is directly impacted by those who serve our town on these boards and committees,” stated Mayor Hedlund.
Vacancies are available on the following Town boards:
1. Board of Zoning Appeals- seeking a balanced mix of professional experience or educational background from the following fields: architecture, civil/structural engineering, law, building/construction, real estate development, business or the environment.
2. Community Events Committee- members will plan and execute public event programs that, on behalf of the Mayor, enhance the community as a whole.
3. Disabilities Commission- responsibilities include: to research local problems of people with disabilities, advise and assist municipal officials and employees in ensuring compliance with state laws.
4. Norfolk County Advisory Board- to serve as the Mayor’s representative. This Board represents the cities and towns in budget and capital planning. The Board also receives reports and makes recommendations on other matters affecting the County and its municipalities.
5. Planning Board- members shall make careful studies of the resources, possibilities and needs of the Town, as well as, to plan development of the town.
6. Waterfront Committee- members will seek to promote, preserve and protect
the interests of the Weymouth waterfront, and to educate the public to the
intrinsic value and natural beauty of the Weymouth waterfront. Also, to
review and update policies and make recommendations to the Mayor.
The annual reappointment process is also underway, where many current member’s
terms are due to expire on June 30th, 2017. I encourage Weymouth residents to
apply for any seat they might have a general interest or experience in.
Download an Application here
and please forward with a letter of interest and/or resume to:
The Office of Robert L. Hedlund
Town of Weymouth
75 Middle Street
Weymouth, MA 02189
For further information, please contact the Mayor’s Office at (781)340-5012. For more information on a specific board please visit: http://www.weymouth.ma.us/boards