Union Point is a new and expanding 1,400-acre, smart growth development at the site of the former South Weymouth Naval Air Station. Union Point has 4,000 private residences, 8 million square feet of commercial space, 1,000 acres of open space, and 50 miles of hiking and biking trails. The full development stretches across the towns of Abington, Rockland, and Weymouth.
The SouthField Redevelopment Authority (SRA) is the local governmental agency at Union Point. The SRA was originally established as the Tri-Town Development Corporation in 1998 but was reconstituted by the Massachusetts Legislature to reinforce municipal control over land-use and development decisions affecting each of the three host communities.
- NAS Redevelopment Enabling Legislation (Aug 2014)
- Zoning and Land Use By-Laws (Nov 2015)
- Notice of Project Change (Feb 2017)
- Recreation Complex Development Plan Application (Mar 2017)
- Recreation Complex Site Plan and Special Permit Application (Mar 2017)