Hours of Operation
8:30AM to 4:30PM, Monday through Friday. Closed most holidays
The Assessing Department must discover and list all taxable property, maintain accurate ownership and property information. The Department establishes the full and fair cash value of each of the Town’s approximately 20,000 real estate parcels and approximately 900 business personal property accounts.
The assessed values are the basis of the distribution of the Town’s annual property tax levy. The Assessing Department also administers the motor vehicle excise tax and boat excise tax.
|Brenda O'Toole||Principal Assessor||(781) 682-3852|
|Paul R. Haley||Chairman, Board of Assessors|
Frequently Asked Questions
- I recently purchased my home. When will the tax bill be sent in my name?
- Can I have my tax bill sent directly to my bank or mortgage company?
- I am elderly. Does the Town offer any help with payment of taxes?
- Must I apply for an Exemption every year if I have been approved?
- I have not made any improvements to my home, how can my value increase? Can my taxes increase more that 2.5%?