Weymouth is fortunate to have excellent public transportation that residents can use to travel to Boston or among the town's villages.
Transportation for Seniors
Weymouth’s Elder Services offers scheduled transportation for older adults (age 60+). Priority is given to trips for medical purposes, but transportation to grocery stores and shopping centers is also available. Rides to Boston-area medical centers are available, as well (depending on funding). Trips can be scheduled by contacting Weymouth’s Transportation Coordinator at 781-331-3921. Donations are appreciated, and a list of suggested gratuities is available.
MBTA Commuter Rail Stations
1. Weymouth Landing/East Braintree Station – Greenbush Line
- Location: 1211 Commercial St
- Parking Spaces: 290
- Bus Lines: 225 - Quincy Center Station to Weymouth Landing
- Travel Time to Boston: 30 minutes - South Station
2. East Weymouth Station – Greenbush Line
- Location: 1590 Commercial St
- Parking Spaces: 335
- Bus Lines: 222 – Quincy Center Station to East Weymouth
- Travel Time to Boston: 35 minutes – South Station
3. South Weymouth Station – Kingston/Plymouth Line
- Location: 89 Trotter Rd
- Parking Spaces: 543
- Bus Lines: None
- Travel Time to Boston: 30 minutes – South Station
MBTA Bus Lines
Route 222 – Quincy Center Station to North and East Weymouth via Bridge St, Sea St, North St, Church St, Essex St, Broad St, and Water St. Click here to view schedule information.
Route 225 – Quincy Center Station to Weymouth Landing and South Weymouth via Washington St, Middle St, Main St, and Columbian St. Click here to view schedule information.