The Planning Board regulates the subdivision of the land within the Town of Weymouth and, pursuant to M.G.L. c 40A, makes recommendations to the Town Council on the adoption of proposed amendments to the Town’s Zoning Ordinance.
Pursuant to the Town's Code of Ordinances, the Planning Board is further authorized to:
- Adopt and administer rules and regulations governing the subdivision of land.
- Make careful studies of the resources, possibilities, and needs of the community and make plans for the development of the Town.
- Make and from time to time amend a Town Master Plan, setting forth in graphic and textual form policies to govern future growth and development in the Town.
- Monitor and report on progress made by the Town in implementing the recommendations of the master plan and other plans and studies prepared by the board.
- Survey the growth and other needs of the Town and the physical conditions and adequacy of public buildings and facilities.
- Prepare and annually update and extend a five-year Capital Improvement Plan, in accordance with §6-10 of the Town Charter.
The Planning Board is composed of five members of the community appointed by the Mayor.
|B. D. Nayak||Member|