The Historical Commission acts for the preservation, promotion, and development of the historical assets of the Town of Weymouth.
The responsibilities of the Historical Commission include:
- Research places of historic and archeological value in the community.
- Make recommendations that places be certified as historical or archeological landmarks.
- Cooperate with state archeologists in conducting research or other surveys deemed necessary for certification.
- Maintain a list of all known "historically significant buildings" in the community, as defined by the Town Demolition Delay Ordinance.
- Coordinate the activities of unofficial bodies or community groups organized for similar purposes.
- Advertise, prepare, print, and distribute books, maps, charts, plans, and pamphlets deemed necessary for its work.
The Historical Commission is composed of seven members of the community appointed by the Mayor.
|Cathy Torrey||Vice Chair|
|Jennifer Weiss Donovan||Secretary|