A couple getting married in the State of Massachusetts may apply for their marriage license in any Town Clerk's Office in the state. A license may be obtained by doing the following:
- Office hours for marriage licenses are Monday - Friday 8:30-4:00
- Both parties must come together to apply.
- There is a three day waiting period before the license can be picked up.
- The license if valid for sixty days from the day the couple came into the office to apply and may be used in any Massachusetts City or Town.
- There is a $25.00 Marriage License Fee.
- After the marriage occurs, the officiant completed the license and returns it to the Town Clerk's Office.
What if one or both of us is under 18?
You must go to court and obtain a court order (permission) to marry.
How can I get a copy of my marriage certificate from Weymouth Town Hall?
Assuming the license was issued by the Weymouth Town Clerk’s Office, you can obtain a copy in two ways:
By physically entering the Town Clerk's Office or you can request a copy by mail.
To request a copy by mail, please include the following:
- State the two last names on the license and the date of marriage.
- Your check or money order should be made payable to: Town of Weymouth. Marriage certificates are $10.00 for each copy.
- Enclose the payment along with your written request and a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Mail it to: Office of Town Clerk, Town of Weymouth, 75 Middle Street, Weymouth, Ma 02189
The Weymouth Town Clerk is also a Justice of the Peace and has the legal authority to perform marriage ceremonies. Those interested should contact the Town Clerk for further information.