Cemeteries

Weymouth has 13 cemeteries, four of which are publicly maintained and the responsibility by the Weymouth Cemetery Commission. The Old North Burial Ground was the first cemetery in Weymouth. Stone markers identify the burial plots of the town's earliest settlers and families, including the Reverend and Mrs. Smith, parents of first lady Abigail Adams. The east section of the Old North Burial Ground was the site of the First Meeting House and is currently the site of the Weymouth Soldier’s Monument, dedicated to Weymouth’s Civil War dead.

The following list has been assembled for the convenience of residents based on public information. The mention of any burial ground does not constitute an endorsement by the Town. All information was deemed accurate at the time of publication but is subject to change without the Town's knowledge. To request any updates in information, please contact the Mayor's Office at (781) 340-5012 or email constituentservices@weymouth.ma.us.

Privately-Owned
Earliest DOD
Fairmount Cemetery
168 Cedar St
781-335-3223
 
 
Highland Cemetery
Main St
(between 895 & 911 Main)
 
1751
Lakeview Cemetery
Pond St
(corner of Pond & Mulcahy)
 
1732
Mount Hope Cemetery
Pine St
(meeting of Pine & Elm)
781-335-2183
1800
Old North Burial Ground &
North Weymouth Cemetery
126 Norton St
781-331-4454
1636
Reed Cemetery
Front St
(between 615 & 655 Front)
 
1784
Saint Francis Xavier Cemetery
726 Washington St
781-337-2171

1862

Village Cemetery
339 Washington St
781-337-4799

1843

Waterman Cemetery
Lambert Ave
(corner of Lambert & Pleasant)
 
1795
Publicly-Owned
Earliest DOD
Ashwood Cemetery
Broad St
(between 27 & 45 Broad)
 
1819
Belcher Cemetery
Randolph Ave
(opposite 721 Randolph)
 
1811
Elmwood Cemetery
Union St
(across from 575-599 Union)
 
1756
Martin Woods Burial Ground
Park Ave
(end of Hilton Dr)