Mass in Motion
Mass in Motion is a statewide movement that promotes opportunities for healthy eating and active living in the places we live, learn, work, and play.
Mass in Motion is made up of 27 programs representing 60 cities and towns across the Commonwealth, including Weymouth. These programs work locally to make healthier choices easier for everyone by:
- Increasing access to local fresh food through farmers markets, and working with food retailers to offer healthy food and drink options.
- Building and expanding parks, playgrounds, and other public places to be active.
- Creating safe neighborhoods with sidewalks, sharrows, and Complete Streets, which make roads safe for all users.
- Complete Streets
- Farmers Market Incentives
- Healthy Community Design
- Healthy Dining Program
- Housing Production Plan
- Open Space and Recreation Planning
- Park Projects
- Recreation Programs
- Safe Routes for Seniors
- Safe Routes to School
- Senior Center Programs