Jackson Square is located in East Weymouth at the convergence of Broad Street, Commercial Street, and Pleasant Street. It is the largest of Weymouth's four village centers and is home to some of the Town’s most well-known local shops and restaurants.
The square itself is visually charming with most buildings under two stories tall and an eclectic mix of retail and services-oriented businesses situated in small street shops. Public space is interspersed throughout the square, making it a local destination for both play and eating out. Housing in the area consists largely of single-family homes.
A time-honored tradition in Jackson Square is the annual herring run – an occasion when residents can witness thousands of migratory river herring swimming up the Back River to Whitman’s Pond.
- Broad Street
- Commercial Street
- Pleasant Street
- MBTA Bus Line 222
- MBTA East Weymouth Commuter Rail Station - Greenbush Line
- Franklin Pratt Library
- Herring Run Pool Park
- Iron Hill
- Korean War Memorial
- Lawrence W. Pingree Primary School
- Lovell Field
- Municipal Lot
- Stephen Rennie Park
- Teen Center
- East Weymouth Congregational Church (Gothic Revival)
- Immaculate Conception School Building (Georgian Revival)
- Immaculate Conception Church
- United Methodist Church
- U.S. Post Office
- Washington School Building (National Register - Queen Anne Revival)