Healthy Wey Meetings are held on a quarterly basis generally on a Tuesday from 1:30-3:00pm
Healthy Meetings and Events
Meetings and events offer opportunities to provide healthy food and beverages, and options for physical activities to participants. In 2011, the Town of Weymouth adopted a Municipal Healthy Meeting and Event Policy. Revised in 2014, this policy supports the Town's committment to the health and well-being of the employees and community members we serve.
In 2013, the Town of Weymouth adopted the Massachusetts Department of Public Health's Healthy Meeting and Event Guide. This guide includes suggested food and beverages for any meeting or event where refreshments are offered. Recommendations for activity breaks are also included.
Healthy Meeting tips
- Provide an opportunity for participants to inform you of dietary needs or restrictions before the event.
- Meet with your caterer or food vendor to discuss options and how menu items can be modified for the event.
- Emphasize fruits and vegetables, using seasonal and local food when possible.
- Keep portion sizes in line with U.S. Dietary Guidelines for individual servings.
- Limit the sodium content of meals to 480 mg and snacks to 200 mg or less, as suggested by the Massachusetts Nutrition Standards for State Agencies (EO 509).