The Department of Planning and Community coordinates the design and construction of a variety of public works projects that strive to enhance Weymouth's built and natural environments. These projects are the product of close collaboration between municipal departments, state agencies, civic associations, local businesses, abutting communities, and Weymouth residents.
Below are links to just a few of the Department's design and construction projects:
- Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness
- North Weymouth Beach Connection
- Tufts Library Construction
- Housing Production Plan
- King Oak Hill Park: Emery Estate Grounds Improvements
- Weymouth Landing Smelt Brook Daylighting
- Complete Streets Improvements
- Osprey Overlook Park: Back River Trail Connection
- Regulatory Assessment for Healthy Community Design
- Kibby Project: Back River Trail Connection
- Bradford Hawes Park Improvements
- Legion Memorial Field Renovations
- Safe Routes for Seniors
Residents are encouraged to sign up for the Department's e-alerts to receive news and announcements about these and future projects.